About our Koh Tao Diving Courses
Here at Phoenix Divers Koh Tao we offer all diving courses from beginner to professional. Whether you’re looking to try diving out for the day with no experience or looking to become a scuba diving instructor, we’ve got you covered.
All of our scuba diving courses include equipment rental and certification costs, making our courses the best value for money you will find on Koh Tao.
We are able to teach our Koh Tao Diving Courses in a variety of languages including English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Portugese, Thai, Swedish, Danish and more!
Why choose Phoenix Divers Koh Tao for your diving courses?
Phoenix Divers Koh Tao has been offering the full range of scuba diving courses for over 18 years and we have taught over 50,000 people to Scuba dive. All of our instructors are trained in house and have tonnes of diving experience to make sure your Koh Tao diving course runs smoothly & safely.
If you’re looking to meet an awesome scuba diving team, stay and dive in the best spots on the island and meet lots of our divers from all around the world then you’ve found the right diving school on Koh Tao for you. Our dive school, accommodation, pool bar & restaurant are all you need to get the best out of your trip to Koh Tao. We are located on Sairee beach, the best place to stay and dive on the island – so why not choose our diving school for your Koh Tao diving courses?
Beginner - Koh Tao Diving Courses for beginners
Never dived before or don’t have a Scuba Diving certification? Then these two options are for you –
- The Discover Scuba dive (one day diving for beginners) is a one day experience dive for people who want to try scuba diving in just one day. This one day diving course/experience will involve some classroom and pool training in the morning before heading out on our dive boat in the afternoon for some real Open Water Scuba Dives!
- The Open Water Diving Course is the most popular choice here on Koh Tao. Looking to get your Scuba Diving Certification? Then this diving course is for you. Many people come all the way to Koh Tao to get scuba certified and complete this Koh Tao diving course. Koh Tao is perfect for beginners due to it’s crystal clear water and easy diving conditions – our little island normally has very calm water with little to no waves or currents.
Read more about these diving courses by clicking the links below –
Keep on diving - Koh Tao Diving Courses for already certified scuba divers
Already done your Open Water Diver course and want to continue your diving education? Then these Koh Tao diving courses are for you –
- The Advanced Course will upgrade your Open Water Diving certification and allow you to dive up to 30 meters instead of the 18 meters allowed with the Open Water diving course. The course will take only 24 hours and you will try deep diving, wreck diving, night diving and practice your buoyancy and underwater navigation skills.
- The Rescue Course is all about recognising and dealing with stress underwater. This strenuous but fun course is for the more experienced diver and definitely tests you both physically and mentally. This diving course will involve learning how to tell if a diver is stressed and how to solve problems underwater.
Read more about these diving courses by clicking below –
Keep on Diving - Specialty Koh Tao Diving Courses
Already an experienced, certified diver and want to take your diving to the next level? These specialty diving courses that we offer here at Phoenix Divers Koh Tao will turn you into an even better, more experienced Scuba diver –
- Enriched Air (Nitrox) Specialty Diving Course. This Course will increase your bottom time and teach you all about diving on enriched air and how it’s possible to dive for longer on this different mix of air.
- Want to go deeper? The deep specialty diving course will teach you all about diving deeper and the extra safety precautions you need to know in order to do so. This Koh Tao diving course will certify you to scuba dive up to 40 meters!
- Want to explore the HTMS Sattakut wreck in more detail? This diving course will teach you all about how to safely dive on wrecks.
- Photography specialty – Learn how to take awesome underwater photographs and videos.
Read more about these diving courses by clicking below –
Go Pro - Professional Level Koh Tao Diving Courses & internships
Want to turn your hobby into your career and pursue your dream of the ocean being your office? Here at Phoenix Divers Koh Tao we offer the full range of professional level scuba diving courses at our dive school on Koh Tao –
- Divemaster Internship
- Instructor Training Course
- Divemaster and Instructor (Pro Package)
- Zero to Hero (Open Water to Diving instructor).
Our Koh Tao Diving Courses TripAdvisor reviews
FANTASTIC DIVING SCHOOL. We recently done our 4 day open water diving course at Phoenix Divers in Koh Tao. Our instructor, Fabian was absolutely fantastic from the get go. Had the most amazing experience and couldn’t recommend this diving school enough!
The dive masters and all other staff were exceptional at what they done! Everyone made you feel at ease and got rid of all anxieties we were feeling! They all have so much patience and are so friendly – if you’re thinking of doing scuba diving definitely go with Phoenix Divers!
AMAZING DIVING SCHOOL AND AWESOME INSTRUCTOR. I always had a dream of scuba diving, and now is my new passion. I did my Open Water course few days ago at Phoenix Divers and I could not be more happy and satisfied with the course, school and the instructor. First was kind of difficult to choose a dive school to do the course cose in Koh tao now all the school have the same price so I did some research and went in 3 schools to talk and check the facilities before to choose Phoenix.
They facilities are great with new equipment, clean classrooms, very big pink boat with free coffee, tea and fruits during the dives and the free BBQ for the divers was amazing. The course was smooth and easy thanks to our Instructor Glauco. He made everything looks very easy and interesting and I felt safe all the time underwater during the course and he always smiling and make jokes with us and the others instructors. Phoenix has a amazing atmosphere. Thanks Glauco and all phoenix staff to make my dream become my new passion.
GREAT TRIP ON KOH TAO AND SCUBA DIVING. Had an amazing week here on Koh Tao. I just finished my dove with Phoenix divers and my instructor Hugo tiger was amazing. He led us calmly through all the courses while being alert and helping us wherever we needed and giving us support and confidence.
I would recommend Hugo not only because of his professionalism but also because he leads confidently the whole crew. You feel safe and secure during your whole trip with him. I recommend you doing the diving course with Phoenix divers and Hugo tiger if you get the chance.
OPEN WATER DIVER. My friend and I planned to do the open water diver during our stay on Koh Tao, we spend a long time reading all reviews of the resorts and decided for Phoenix in the end, which was perfect :-). It‘s located directly by the beach which isn‘t just beautiful but also practicable – we stayed next door at AC. Everybody is very nice and supportive.
Nate was our instructor and he was awesome, very patiently, I felt safe every second of my course and very professional, you feel well prepared to go for your first dive :-). My friend couldn‘t adjust her ears so she stopped before diving and I had a 1:1 care by Nate 🙂 (lucky me). All in all, I can fully recommend Phoenix divers Koh Tao, not only a lovely time but also a great preparation for following dives in my life. Thank you :-).
AMAZING DIVING SCHOOL AND AWESOME INSTRUCTOR. Me and my friend went to Koh Tao to take our divers license but we hadn’t decided what school to go with. As we were walking past Phoenix divers the manager, James came out to talk to us, he told us about their Open Water Diver course and also about accommodation that you got for a discounted price while taking your diving courses and it all sounded amazing so we decided to go with Phoenix.
We are so glad we did. We had so much fun doing the Open Water Diver course that we decided to do the Advanced Adventurer with them as well when we finished. Best decision of my life! Ask for Finn! He was the best instructor ever, I felt so safe and confident diving with him and he made it all so fun. The accommodation was the best one we’ve stayed at yet and we’ve been travelling for 2 months! The atmosphere at Phoenix and all the people we met there made our time on Koh Taounforgettable, we don’t want to leave… 🙁 Guys, go diving with Phoenix divers you will definitely not regret it!!!!
FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL. I was recommended to this dive center by a few travellers I had met in Mexico and the experience I had was nothing short of excellent. This was the first time I had tried scuba diving so I opted for the open water diving course.
The staff here are world class and very passionate about diving and made the three day course effortless and unforgettable. Overall I was very impressed with the professionalism of phoenix divers and would highly recommend to anybody looking to dive at koh tao!
OPEN WATER AND ADVANCED DIVING COURSES ON KOH TAO. Spent an amazing week learning to dive with Phoenix! Took the open water course and immediately signed up for the advanced course as soon as I had finished. This was the perfect introduction to scuba diving.
My instructor, Hugo Tiger, was brilliant: experienced, fun, and thorough. I always felt comfortable diving with him and had a blast too. He gave us a terrific tour of Koh Tao’s dive sights, including a night dive and a shipwreck dive. Can’t wait to come back! I highly recommend learning with Phoenix divers!