About our Koh Tao Diving Trips
Already a certified diver and what to join one of our Koh Tao Diving Trips (fun dives) or Sail Rock trips from Koh Tao? If yes, then you’re in the right place. If no, are you looking for a Koh Tao Diving Course?
All of our Koh Tao diving trips include equipment rental and a Divemaster or diving instructor as a guide, making our diving trips the best value for money you will find on Koh Tao.
Our Divemasters and Instructors can lead our Koh Tao diving trips in a variety of languages including English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Portugese, Thai, Swedish, Danish and more!
Why choose Phoenix Divers Koh Tao for your diving courses?
Phoenix Divers Koh Tao has been offering the full range of scuba diving courses and diving trips for over 25 years and we have taught over 25,000 people to Scuba dive. All of our instructors are trained in house and have tonnes of diving experience to make sure your Koh Tao diving trips run smoothly & safely.
If you’re looking to meet an awesome scuba diving team, stay and dive in the best spots on the island and meet lots of our divers from all around the world then you’ve found the right diving school for you. Our dive center, accommodation, pool bar & restaurant are all you need to get the best out of your trip to Koh Tao. We are located on Sairee beach, the best place to stay and dive on the island – so why not choose our diving school for your Koh Tao diving trips.
For already certified divers - Koh Tao Diving trips and refreshers
We offer the following diving trips and scuba reviews/refreshers –
- Fun Diving trips. These trips usually leave at 07:00 (returning at 11:30) & 12:30 (returning at 16:30). Each diving trip that we do will do two dives at two different dive sites and take around 4h30m. This schedule can change due to the season, weather & diving conditions.
- We also do a weekly diving trip to Sail Rock – which has the reputation for being the best dive site in the Gulf of Thailand. This trip take place every Thursday. Our Sail Rock trip from Koh Tao will depart at 07:00 and return at around 15:00 – it’s a bit further away than our local dive sites on Koh Tao.
- Haven’t been diving in over 12 months? We also offer Scuba Reviews/Refresher courses to make sure you’re comfortable before joining our Koh Tao diving trips. Please note that a scuba review/refresher is mandatory if you haven’t been diving in the last 12 months.
Beginner - Koh Tao Diving Courses for beginners
Never dived before or don’t have a Scuba Diving certification? Then these two options are for you –
- The Discover Scuba dive (one day diving for beginners) is a one day experience dive for people who want to try scuba diving in just one day. This one day diving course/experience will involve some classroom and pool training in the morning before heading out on our dive boat in the afternoon for some real Open Water Scuba Dives!
- The Open Water Diving Course is the most popular choice here on Koh Tao. Looking to get your Scuba Diving Certification? Then this diving course is for you. Many people come all the way to Koh Tao to get scuba certified and complete this Koh Tao diving course. Koh Tao is perfect for beginners due to it’s crystal clear water and easy diving conditions – our little island normally has very calm water with little to no waves or currents.
Read more about these diving courses by clicking the links below –
Keep on diving - Koh Tao Diving Courses for already certified scuba divers
Already done your Open Water Diver course and want to continue your diving education? Then these Koh Tao diving courses are for you –
- The Advanced Course will upgrade your Open Water Diving certification and allow you to dive up to 30 meters instead of the 18 meters allowed with the Open Water diving course. The course will take only 24 hours and you will try deep diving, wreck diving, night diving and practice your buoyancy and underwater navigation skills.
- The Rescue Course is all about recognising and dealing with stress underwater. This strenuous but fun course is for the more experienced diver and definitely tests you both physically and mentally. This diving course will involve learning how to tell if a diver is stressed and how to solve problems underwater.
Read more about these diving courses by clicking below –
Keep on Diving - Specialty Koh Tao Diving Courses
Already an experienced, certified diver and want to take your diving to the next level? These specialty diving courses that we offer here at Phoenix Divers Koh Tao will turn you into an even better, more experienced Scuba diver –
- Enriched Air (Nitrox) Specialty Diving Course. This Course will increase your bottom time and teach you all about diving on enriched air and how it’s possible to dive for longer on this different mix of air.
- Want to go deeper? The deep specialty diving course will teach you all about diving deeper and the extra safety precautions you need to know in order to do so. This Koh Tao diving course will certify you to scuba dive up to 40 meters!
- Want to explore the HTMS Sattakut wreck in more detail? This diving course will teach you all about how to safely dive on wrecks.
- Photography specialty – Learn how to take awesome underwater photographs and videos.
Read more about these diving courses by clicking below –
Go Pro - Professional Level Koh Tao Diving Courses & internships
Want to turn your hobby into your career and pursue your dream of the ocean being your office? Here at Phoenix Divers Koh Tao we offer the full range of professional level scuba diving courses at our dive school on Koh Tao –
- Divemaster Internship
- Instructor Training Course
- Divemaster and Instructor (Pro Package)
- Zero to Hero (Open Water to Diving instructor).
Our Koh Tao Diving Courses TripAdvisor reviews
GREAT DIVING, AWESOME CLOSE-KNIT GROUP. The diving on Koh Tao is great – either for fun dives, diving trips or classes. There are a ton of dive shops and most offer the same packages, sites etc and have the same types of boats, equipment, etc. I had 16 great fun dives with Phoenix in August and had two day trips with other shops while there, having done my AOW course at yet another shop years ago. Phoenix truly stands out because of the people – at the end of the day a bunch of the divemasters, instructors, students and fun divers all hang out together and it was awesome to be part of that group for my brief stay on the island. By the end I felt like part of the Phoenix family and am really excited to go back ASAP!
GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY. My mate and I spent 2 days doing diving trips on Koh Tao (4 fun dives) out on and in the water with Phoenix divers. We booked because of their unbeatable prices for bundled accommodation and diving. Got there about half an hour before the afternoon dive boat left and Tim went out of his way to get us onto that very trip because we felt like we wanted to spend the afternoon diving. Impressed by low Group numbers (max 4:1, we were lucky enough to have a personal guide for the two of us on all 4 dives!), all rental gear in good condition and light refreshments included (Bisquits, Fresh fruit, Tea/Coffee and water ). Thanks to our dive guides Hugo and Tim for looking after us and for catering for our individual needs! we could chose between different dive sites and our dive time was not restricted to a time limit but only to our air consumption. Big spacious boat as well!
GREAT TRIP ON KOH TAO AND SCUBA DIVING. Had an amazing week here on Koh Tao. I just finished my dove with Phoenix divers and my instructor Hugo tiger was amazing. He led us calmly through all the courses while being alert and helping us wherever we needed and giving us support and confidence.
I would recommend Hugo not only because of his professionalism but also because he leads confidently the whole crew. You feel safe and secure during your whole trip with him. I recommend you doing the diving course with Phoenix divers and Hugo tiger if you get the chance.
AWESOME, FUN AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. 18 months ago I did my Open Water here and just returned to do my Advanced and fundives. All the team are friendly and very accommodating to nervous divers. Really enjoyed my fun dives here exploring stunning dive sites with beautiful sealife in mostly excellent diving conditions. Special thanks to Franco for today’s amazing dives, excellent navigation and for taking the time afterwards to explain everything we saw in detail. Will definitely be coming back on my next visit to Koh Tao! 🙂
GREAT FUN DIVING TRIPS. We where in Koh Tao for 4 nights with my whole family . I was looking for some decent place where me and my 13 years old daughter can try diving. Like we all know there’s lots of dive sites in Koh Tao I spoke to few people in different sites and it didn’t look very friendly so we went to try Phoenix divers for our surprise they welcomed us with smiles and took us in for a little bit of talking of course nothing was problem there. So we tried scuba diving first plus I took my scuba refresher as I already held some basic scuba diving license. Everything went very smoothly and we enjoyed every minute with them. After first day of “try scuba diving” we decided to took further in our training and agreed on to do full open water junior and open water for myself too.
DIVING IN KOH TAO. Professional and cheap dive center for all kinds of courses or fun dives! The instructors do really take their time to teach you how to dive.